Tuesday 2 April 2013

Listening to my inner voice!

Well there I was ready to roll with a blog EVERY week, then arrives a cough and cold, this was accompanied by a headache which basically wiped out my energy as well as any inspiration I had! As a result not only did the blog not happen but nor did the newsletters, the social media posts nor in fact any little work....

But I am back, having listened to my inner voice telling me to rest and relax I can now catch up on all the writing that has been waiting in the wings. It is often the case that we do not listen to that voice inside, the voice that knows what is best for us, I have though learnt that recovery comes along faster if we do take heed at the first signs.

As I sit at my desk today it is a delight to see the sunshine outside, I am in fact able to dry some washing on the line, now that hasn't happened for a long time. I hope that you are enjoying the sunshine in whatever corner of the world you are reading this in.

Since I decided to share my poems and quotes via my blog it has become evident what a task that is, I have so many to chose from that it is difficult to know where to start.  I have written so many and I really hope that over time you will enjoy reading them...

Todays poem was written in October 2001 following my move to Ireland, as it talks about my inner voice I thought it apt... reading it brings back some great memories but in it's words also lies the howI feel about my life today...

Smiles

Life is full of smiles these days,
Carefree, happy smiles.
I was at a crossroads and I choose the road for me,
The road where dreams come true....

I saw my life clearly in front of me
and inspiration came from within

It drove me along that road
to where I am today.

I thank my intution for showing me the way!






No comments:

Post a Comment