Saturday 6 April 2013

I'll be There!

It is a hard choice as I look through the poetry of yester year which one to post on each blog. Having gone through depression and many broken hearts there is a part of me that only wants to share the happy days I now live on a daily basis.

I once read that the best poetry is written when one is depressed, while I am not sure this is true in my case I certainly wrote more poetry when I was sad than I do now.  Today I write uplifting newsletters, you can sign up for these on my website.. www.awakenlifecoaching.co.uk, happy, positive words to inspire and help others.  I have been told though, on many occasions by the readers of 'Made it Thru the Rain', that it is the dark days of the first three chapters that have helped them not feel so alone so I guess whether it be the sad times or the happy I am sharing with you, someone, somewhere will relate to the words I have written.

The poem below was written when I lived in Ireland, I was single with a desire to be otherwise.... I remember writing this piece with a knowing in my heart that one day I would indeed be with that special someone.... Let me know what you think...

I'll be There
 
Every day that passes
brings me a step closer to you
Soon we will be together
my love
 
Together we will share our dreams
Our life
 
We will build our future
where rainbows start
our days
and stars light
our nights
 
 
Our love will flow deep
like an ocean that
knows no end
 
The light will burn eternal
on our love
where raindrops will only fall
in order to cool our thirst
for each other
 
Soon you will hold me
within your arms and your heart
 
 
                                                                                Keep alert
                                                                              for I will appear
                                                                                one day
                                                                                 Close by!
 
 
 Beverley Jones - 2002
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment